X10 Alarm system SC2800

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: X10 Alarm system SC2800
  • From: <mrf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 13:49:15 +0100

Hi There,

I wonder if someone could offer some advise. I am looking at the SC2800
Security System for my house but need a few things cleared up first, and
welcome any comments.

First of all, anyone have any pro's/con's about it ?

What stops a burglar from just ripping it from the wall once inside ?

What happens in a power outage situation ? Does it have a build in battery
backup ?

Can other devices, e.g Homeseer, see the PIR's trigger ?. Do the PIR's use
house code ?  Does the SC2800 pass on the x10 status change to the house ?
or just keep it to itself. If not, can it be programmed to ? e.g If PIR1
triggers, send A4 to the mains ?

So many questions :D

Any feedback/info appreciated.

Marc