Re: Broadband from Highway

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Broadband from Highway
  • From: "Rob Lamb" <rjl@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:06:42 -0000

Hi Rob,

I went from Highway to Broadband (Nildram) and you do have to cancel=20
your Highway and have the line converted by to a standard analogue=20
one (think it was about =A350). This requires (in my case) a visit by=20
a BT engineer to remove the Highway box and put in a standard master=20
socket.

Then I had to wait about 10 days for BT to update their records so=20
that when Nildram asked for a line check they got the right answer=20
(up till then BT were adamant that I was Highway still and kept=20
rejecting Nildrams request for broadband).

So in the meantime I had to rely on good ole' dial up - but it was=20
worth the effort.

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> wrote:
> Momentous occasion!=20
>=20
> Little old Bovey Tracey has reached its trigger level for=20
Broadband. No
> mean feet to get 250 old wrinkly people to register but we've done=20
it!
> Just now need to wait for an activation date.
>=20
> Which got my mind thinking.......
>=20
> Anyone out there gone from Homehighway to Broadband? Am I going to=20
need
> to cancel my Highway and order a standard PSTN line?
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Many thanks
>=20
>=20=20
>=20
> Rob
>=20
>   _____=20=20
>=20
> Rob Mouser
> Director
> rmouser@T...
> 01392 206020
>=20=20
>=20=20
>=20
> 5 Cranmere Court=20
>=20
>        Tel:=20=20
>=20
> +44 (0)1392 206020=20
>=20
> Lustleigh Close=20
>=20
>        Fax:=20=20
>=20
> +44 (0)1392 206032=20
>=20
> Matford Park=20=20
>=20
>        Email:=20=20
>=20
> Enquiries@T...=20
>=20
> Exeter=20
>=20
>        Web:=20=20
>=20
> www.The-Plastic-Surgeon.co.uk=20
>=20
> EX2 8PW=20
>=20
>=20=20=20
>=20
>=20=20=20
>=20
>   _____=20=20
>=20
> The information contained in or attached to this email is intended=20
only
> for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.=20
If an
> addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and=20
you are
> not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering=20
it to
> the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not=20
disclose,
> copy, distribute, print or retain this message or any part of it.=20
It may