Re: Re: OT : Digi Camera Buying Guide

Sorry, I have to disagree with the battery issue.  I just changed my Ixus
V=
for an Ixus V3 - When  I look back it appears I kept 3,500 images taken wi=
th the old one (so I probably took 4,000 ish) and at the end it was still
m=
anaging 100 ish shots to a battery charge.  With my new camera I bought a
s=
pare Uniross battery pack for =A320, but have since found them for =A314.
T=
hat and a high capacity compact flash card means 400+ shots and/or 15
minut=
es of Mpeg (320x240) in 3 minute bursts or 30 second bursts at 640x480. =
=20

Whilst the Ixus isn't necessarily the "best" digital camera
available it is=
the best implementation of the various technologies into a high quality, e=
xtremely useable, robust and very "doody" package.  I have worked
in scient=
ific imaging for the past 10 or so years and some of the additional
softwar=
e that ships free with the camera is breathtaking. I have just bought my
3r=
d and to be honest nothing else came close.  And as Mark Cox said - it
fits=
in your jeans pocket as well.

It isn't much bigger than 4 AA batteries!

----- Original Message -----=20