RE: PVCu replacement fascias & soffits

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PVCu replacement fascias & soffits
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 15:00:07 +0100

Kevin,

I think one of the quotes we had was a Swish system, the other was Kestrel
(IIRC). The Kestrel system included a tanalised timber board behind the
uPVC facia - 6" by 1" approx. The installer said he would do it
with or without, but the price didn't change ;-) He cited the benefit as
better support for the facia and this made it less prone to warping.

The soffits should be ventilated anyway so you are minimising the risk of
the timber "sitting in" water. If you don't ventilate your
soffits / roofspace you've got much bigger problems ahead (been there,
fixed that ;-)  )

Cheers,

Tim H.