Re: PVCu replacement fascias & soffits

Hi,

Thanks to all that replied on this subject.

I'm convinced of the merits of having the old wooden fascias and soffits
replaced with PVCu, but the quotes vary so wildly (GBP 1000 to 2000 for 21
metres) that it's difficult to know whether you're getting better quality
material and workmanship, or whether you're simply being ripped off.

The more expensive quotes seem to be Swish-registered installers and use
their products, but even if Swish is higher-quality than generic products,
I still don't think its worth GBP 40+ per metre extra ;-)

BTW - I wouldn't install PVCu over existing wood as this can cause it to
sweat and eventually become rotten. It should completely replace the wood.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell