RE: SliMP3 in-wall installation

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: SliMP3 in-wall installation
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:19:25 +0100

I would strongly recommend finding a friendly sign maker to do this, it
will take minutes with the right kit, it's not a 'simple' DIY task. If
however you are very handy or have a time to spare then:

A fine bladed saw will do the cutting, a hack saw would be OK. Coping
saw would be better.
Shape the corners with a file/dremel (Or by hand using the coping saw).
You can create a slight round to the corners with just wet and dry
paper. Depends on the look you want.
If you need a template for your corners get yourself a 'penny' coin and
place at the edge mark around and you have what in the old days would be
known as a 'penny round'.
Then use wet and dry paper with water and a little soap to smooth your
cut edges. Start at 800 grade and work down to 2000. Use a sanding block
to keep things nice and straight!
Finally for a really smooth finish polish your edges (And the surface if
you have any fine scratches) with some compound (Farecla G3 is excellent
but an ammonia free cutting compound of any sort will be OK.)
A final polish with any good car polish will have it looking the part.

Warming the plastic won't help. In fact it's better to keep it cool.

HTH.

Many thanks

Rob Mouser