RE: Modulates Channels / Interference / Filtering

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Modulates Channels / Interference / Filtering
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:43:34 +0100

Hi Chris,

Several aerial companies such as Maxview and Labgear make filters.

http://www.maxview.ltd.uk/trd_filters.htm

http://www.labgear.co.uk

http://www.jwhardy.co.uk/pages/pl_filters.html

http://www.powerstrip.co.uk/Our_World/Accessories/product_guide.html

I have used filters to block the low end of the UHF band from entering a
system. Our UHF channels are at the high end 52,55,59,62,65 and I had to
get
4 Satellite receivers and a VCR onto the UHF distribution. Most of the Sat
receivers and VCR has limited 30-39 tuning range although in practice they
sometimes stretch to 28-43 giving a bit more room for manoevure.

The set up was like this....

Aerial ---- High Pass filter 46-68 --Combiner-VCR--Distribution

Sat1----Sat2----Sat3----Sat4----------

Most of the time it works OK but sometimes we still get co-channel
interference which is why the KAT5 project started !!!

Our reception is worse in the summer due to loads of Dutch and German
channels skipping across the North Sea. We are almost the most easterly
point in the UK and are right on the fringe or the reception area for our
main TV transmitter so have to have an amp on there which makes any weak
interference signals that much stronger.

What channels are your TV signals on ?

I may have another filter laying around somewhere. Any good aerial
installer
should be able to source a suitablefilter for you.

Hope the links give you something to go on.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

"clearing" a