Re: Modulates Channels / Interference / Filtering

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Modulates Channels / Interference / Filtering
  • From: Richard Malcolm-Smith <rich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 09:16:35 +1200

Chris Howard wrote:

> With Tivo, VCR, Sky and Door Camera modulated I get ghosting and
> cross channel interference that I cant seem to get rid of. To make
> matters worse (living in Ireland) all through the channel spectrum
> from ch. 21 to 69 we have multiple transmissions of all the UK
> terrestrial and Irish terrestrial channels (so picking Taboo channels
> seem to be nearly all of them).

What I have done here is just amp the modulated signals up about 10dB
over anything else, and then combine without another amplifier.

Co-channel interferance happens when a signal is amplified thru an amp
with lousy IMD it makes harmonics, unfortunatly they are all pretty
poor unless you buy one designed for a cable system.