RE: Echo on the phone line

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Echo on the phone line
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 11:43:41 +0100

I dont see why he needed to run 2 cables.

When I had HH I had a single 4 pair telephone cable with the line coming in
on Brown/White pair and the analogue 1 connected to Blue/White and
Orange/White pairs

The cable supplied with the HH box is a 3 pair cable about 25m long and
uses
the Green/White pair  for the line and Blue and Orange pairs for Analogue
1.

The digital part of HH ie the incoming line would not be affected by the
analogue port, likewise, the digial signal should not cause any inteference
on analogue wiring otherwise there would be no chance of getting HH to work
over a cable carrying hundreds of lines for several miles from the exchange
to your house !!!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv