Re: 4 ohm speakers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: 4 ohm speakers
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:48:30 -0000

Rob,

I assume that the "simple switch" is "either/or",
rather than
allowing both?

Assuming it is, 4ohm speakers are common. The vast majority of amps
should cope with them fine. No need for a resistor in series. (In any
case, they are 4 ohms impedance, rather than 4 ohms resistance.)

Driving both sets of speakers at the same time is potentially more
problematic, and worth checking your amplifier's power ratings down
to 2ohms.

I'd be very interested to hear how this works out - speakers in the
shower is one of those items that's been on my "to-do" list for a
while :-)

Regards,

Mark

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Robert Chasmer <robert.chasmer@m...>