Re: [OT] Jail for seller of illegal Xbox chips

> > The "right" to break encryption that might be inferred
from the
> case is
> > of course removed by the latest EU directives.
> >

> Mark
>
> Does that also override the allowable reverse engineering priviliges
> for the purposes of interfacing and interworking...?

I suspect in the micro small print, its something like:

"We sell you this product on the express terms that you will not break
it
apart, figure out how it ticks, then rip us off. We're only letting you buy
this because by buying you agree that you're not going to hack it etc
etc"...

I'm no lawyer, but if I made something I didnt want people to take apart,
I'd put something in there like that

PS. This _is_ getting a bit distant from HA now, but I had to give my 5p's
worth, not that anyone listens etc etc ;)

~Jules (goes back to sleep)