RE: [OT] Bluetooth woes...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Bluetooth woes...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:36:04 +0100

> I've come to the conclusion that the XTNDConnect Blue Manager is a bag
of
> shite! - I *believe* I'm running the latest version (2.1), but seing
as it
> flatly refuses to show the "help... About..." dialog box,
it's a little
> difficult to be sure! (I get an error box instead!)

Your assessment is IMHO and IME correct!

This is used, it seems, by most of the BT USB adaptors out there and it's
pretty woeful as well as causing other problems as well, again IME, it
locked up ACE and did all sorts of weird sh1t.

> I *can* send a business card between the two devices though...
> (whoopy-effin-doo!)

Good innit?

> Bluetooth my arse! - bluetooth-ache more like!...

:)

> I might try a different machine if I live long enough....

Makes no difference Paul, I've tried several, as well as LAN access etc and
to absolutely no avail whatsoever, it's pants basically.

They *DO* work with the Ericsson mobile phones to a degree that suits me,
but not with Nokia other than GPRS connection IIRC. :/

K.