Re: Re: Sensors / Switches / etc

>Yes, I'm using xAP. There is no "universal" standard for this
kind of
>thing -- that's why we invented xAP :-)
>
>Comfort is now xAP enabled.

Oooh, interesting.... care to elaborate?... :-)

> > - What physical presentation would be required ?
> > (RS232/RS485/Ethernet/X10/Other ?)
>
>I use: RS232, 485 and Ethernet. Ethernet is favourite, but bumps up
>the cost significantly.

Hmm... not sure about this, - OK, if your just talking about being able to
use an existing PC COM port then its very cheap, - but ethernet hardware is
pretty cheap now, - a 10/100 PCI card costs a lot less than a PCI serial
port card for instance... Although I guess I am thinking from a PC
perspective.. Presumably for other hardware platforms like PIC/HV et al,
then I guess you're right...

>Hub based architecture which is also 802.11b/Bluetooth friendly is my
>personal preference.

Agreed, star topology wiring scheme definately preferred.

Paul G.

On the move? Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/mobile