Re: [OT] HTML Help

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] HTML Help
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:25:46 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Scott Crowther <scrowther@i...> wrote:
> Not all browsers support stylesheets and Div's.
>
> Also IMHO frames should be banned...

If you take it to the extreme, not all browsers support tables
properly and for full WAI-AAA compliance you should avoid them to
(unless display tabular data). My personal recommendation is decide
who the audience are for the website and whether you can expect them
to have a browser that supports any particular technology. If you
really want to maximise access then provide framed and frameless
versions of the site/page or dynamic/static html versions and allow
the visitor to choose.

I have no problem using frames where appropriate and although I would
freely admit that I have over used them in the past on a couple of
sites, I am still designing the HomeAutomator site with frames
because it is the only way to sensibly refresh part of the screen.