Re: Solar heated hot water

BG (or some subsidiary of theirs) had a big stand for these at last year's
Sustainable Energy exhibition at Olympia. Unfortunately, I don't know
anything about the costs, but they seem like an excellent idea in
principle,
where you will be using a gas boiler. If you have the option, I would
expect
that a heatpump or a wood burner would still be a more efficient source of
primary heating energy, but if those aren't options, or you really want to
generate some of your own electricity, I would guess that this is a good
alternative.

I suppose that the main thing to watch out for might be problems with
getting it serviced. I have heard that early adopters of condensing boilers
had real problems finding service engineers who knew them well enough to
service them. Could be the same with these in the early days.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheers,

Bruno