RE: Solar heated hot water

> I've followed the thread with keen interest. I notice that the
> stirling-engined domestic chp units are getting more press again
recently.
> What's your view on this. Do you think this technology has a
reasonable
> cost/benefit ratio for anyone installing/replacing boiler plant or is
it
> still too early to make any real decisions?

I remember seeing a Combined Heat and Power unit at the Ideal Home
Exhibition about 5 years ago as part of an energy efficient/environmentally
friendly house.  IIRC it was sponsored by British Gas and also featured CNG
powered cars on the driveway.  At the time I thought what an excellent
idea,
but sadly nothing seems to have come to fruition - the show the following
year made no mention :/

Another thing I thought was neat was a product called Extrudawood (sp?) - a
dense material made from recycled plastics and used for the door and window
frames with a sort of dark stained oak appearance.

James H