Re: Detecting TV State

Clive Chapman wrote:
> Does anyone know of a way of detecting the state of a TV/PLASMA ?
>
> I need, remotely to know if a TV/PLASMA is on, in standby, or off at
the wall.  I don't need all three states.......just on or off/standby.

> Is this something I can sense via the SCART ?
>
> Does anyone now of a product like this ?

You can get these http://www.letsautomate.com/homevisionsensors.cfm?

A TV Sniffer which will detect a CRT (only) being on/off

An LED detector which you can hook up to the on/off LED on the TV/Plasma

A video detector probe.... I'm thinking you could possibly use one of
these if you configure one of your scart sockets to input/output mode -
when TV is on, there should be a video signal, and when off there
shouldn't.... don't know wether it detects abscence of signal or what so
may cause problem with outputing a still black/blue/ static screen....
check with Phil or someone

These are all listed for HomeVision, but you should be able to get them
to work with any circuit you setup.

HTH
--
Doogie