Multi-room AV distribution

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Multi-room AV distribution
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 07:55:05 +0100

I've been thinking some more about this recently - mostly 'cos of a few
long-haul flights I've taken.

Each seat has a controller and a flat screen (6"-8" touchscreen
on Emirates & Virgin economy, 10" sort-of touchscreen on Malaysian
business class). Movies are stored on a hard drive (presumably) and each
passenger can select and transport-control each film as if it was their
personal player. The Malaysian planes also had an MP3 library with software
would allow you to listen to an album, or choose multiple tracks from
different albums to create your own playlist.

A ruck of video games were available through the same system too.

The Malaysian airline's system was provided by Matsushita (sp?) Corporation
- isn't that Panasonic ?

While not all of us will need AV piped to *all* 200 rooms of our houses . .
. I'd guess that the system could be scaled down.

Anyone got some airline contacts for further info ? Sound interesting ?

Cheers,

Tim H.

+