Re: OT: Bluetooth Headset

Paul Gordon wrote:

> Bluetooth phone, - stays in my pocket or belt-clip etc...
> Bluetooth headset, - obvious!
> Bluetooth enabled iPAQ - would "emulate" the phone's display

I was planning all this too before I found out BT headsets give me
headaches (like most mobiles) so I took it back... :(

> The idea being that whan a call came in, the iPAQ display would show
the
> caller-ID details, and I could answer/reject the call either from the
iPAQ
> or the headset.... When making an outgoing call, I'd either nuse
> voice-dialling from the headset, or a phone keypad display on the
iPAQ...

Outgoing, yes, possible with the right software to do the handover...
there were a few available when I was looking into it. MPhone from
www.mobem.com seemed to do pretty much everything including logo/
ringtone sending to the phone. No idea about incoming though, not sure
if you can display/ answer with an ipaq... :S

> What chance of getting *three* bits of kit all to operate together
though,
> given the PITA of just getting two things trying to talk to each
other!!!

LOL! :D

--
Doogie