Re: [OT] (ish) - Bluetooth connection for iPAQ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] (ish) - Bluetooth connection for iPAQ?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 15:16:07 +0100

I think I just discovered a potential cause of the problem...

The Bluetooth driver installation defined an incoming network connection
object, to which was assigned the two serial ports you describe below...
When I run the Activesync discovery, these two serial ports are reported as
not available, (and I get an error to that effect if I try to select either
of them on the Activesync serial connections settings)

So I'm guessing that the incoming connection item is stopping Activesync
>from

Sound sensible?

Paul G.

Oh, I'm using this dongle:...

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=46391

Manufacturers' spec here:...

http://www.windigosys.com/brief/PBTUSB02C2.pdf

But I don't have the little cradle for it, - got it from ebuyer for a mere
£20

Cheers.

Paul G.

>From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] [OT] (ish) - Bluetooth connection for iPAQ?
>Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 16:58:14 +0300
>
>Take care that the bluetooth dongle driver defines by default 2 serial
>ports.
>You can use only one of them for Active Suync - the one under the Local
>Services TAB.
>The other one (from Client Applications TAB) cand be used to initiate a
>connection from the PC only.
>
> > do I need to have connected them together via USB
> > previously to configure the partnership?
>
>No.. you can do it directly from the Bluetooth connection.
>
> > Activesync on the PC currently does not know the iPAQ (only knows
about
>my
> > ePODS),
>THis is not a problem. Active Sync does not need to know it before.
>First you must Pair the PC and the iPaq from the bluetooth menu.
>Try to start discovery on the iPaq and when it see the PC, you cand
create
>bond with it from the Actions menu (on the iPaq).
>It must work....
>
>Good luck.
>
>Dan
>P.S. By the way, what type of dongle do you have?

Worried what your kids see online? Protect them better with MSN 8
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/parental&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=186&DI=1059