RE: [OT] Electricity Bill

I am averaging 27kwhr per day (Jan until now).  We have gas central heating
& gas hob.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mick Furlong [mailto:hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 March 2003 20:27
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Electricity Bill

Interesting as I have spent most of today trying to figure out why my own
bill is so high in comparison to friends and neighbours..

Here in Eire the rate is 10.75 cents per unit plus 13.5% VAT.

My bill is currently running at around 670 units per month (which the
idiots
at the ESB sort of confirmed were KWH after much kicking).

This is 50% more than any friends bills I have compared it too including
some who have three young children (just the two of us), I don't currently
have any PCs running 24/7 as most of my kit is in storage.

The only thing I can think of is my wife's fixation on table lamps, but I
don't see these can be bumping the bill up by so much.

I hate to think what my bill is going to be when I install all my HA kit
and
PCs!

Anyone care to post the number of units per month they are using so we can
compare?

Mick