From: Sean Stratton [mailto:groups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 27 March 2003 00:17
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Sky+

> As to the cable part of your question - yes Sky+ does need 2 cables
> (from two of the 4 outputs on the LNB). One feeds the channel being
> watched and the other for recording another channel.

Would Ct100 do the job? I ask because I have 2 lengths running to the
front
room.

> I don't think you can 'use' the second tuner in the Sky+ box in any
way
> (i.e. Sky+ only outputs the first channel from the SCART connectors).
> The second channel is used exclusively by the record (live pause,
> record, instant rewind etc) functions of the box.

So it records from the second channel? and sends the first channel out
the
scart to whatever? can you then set the TiVo to record one channel (1)
while
Sky + records (2). I must admit my live TV usage has decreased since
getting
the TiVo, although Current events are making sure that plenty of live
news
is being watched.

Sean