Re: Pronto RU950 First Impresions

Phil Harris wrote:

>I've gotta say that I still prefer the RU940 given the price...
>
>...the 950 is slowly growing on me - the screen is much sharper - but
the
>build is definitely more "ProntoPro square" rather than
"RU940 curvy" and I
>think that some of the dissapointments that people have been voicing
here
>are more to do with Philips getting the original 890 and 940 so damn
close
>to "right" in the first place.

I had a quick look on the remotecentral forums and the talk about the US
model which I'm pretty sure is identical to the 950, had a few comments
about being really slow etc. But with a mention that there's likely to
be new firmware out soon to address a few of the issues.

I really love my 890, but the hard buttons at the bottom (30 sec jump
and 7 sec rewind on Tivo... :D ) are getting a bit worse for wear, and a
cursor pad would be *really* nice, and the 890 would like to be a
bedroom remote..... :-)

At least with SWMBO making me pay off her CC before buying one, I've got
a little bit of time to look at the options.... she's suggested getting
a 940, but I'd like a hard cursor.... might *look* at converting the
iPAQ, but SWMBO has realised that means I get to buy a new iPAQ..... so
that one might not get past change control...!

--
Doogie