Fw: Re: Anyone know if you can get Windows XP Media Center Editionyet ?

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fw: Re: Anyone know if you can get Windows XP Media Center Editionyet ?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:55:54 +0100

Home Edition can be nobbled to turn it into Pro quite easily.

G.
Gareth Cook
Technical Consultant

EMEA ED, IBM SWG
Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office:  +44 (0) 1784 445 166
Mobile:  +44 (0) 7980 445 166
Fax:      +44 (0) 1784 499 166
Work: g@xxxxxxx
Personal:
g@xxxxxxx
AIM Chat : TheBoyG
MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 19/09/2002 13:58 -----
Discussion
Main Topic

"Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
Today 13:04
.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Re: Anyone know if you can get Windows XP Media Center Edition yet ?
.
Category:

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...> wrote:
> Remember though Gareth, XP Media centre edition includes poxy DRM
stuff in
> it, so no hope of playing stuff you record on another PC on your
LAN...

> As ever, the product went through the normal design lifecycle:
>
> Marketing department--->R&D department--->f*ck it up by crippling
it
> department...
>
> Paul G.

<question class="stupid">Anyone know if the Media Centre Edition of
XP is based on XP Pro or XP Home?</question>

Of course I bet it is based on the completely useless Home edition so
you can kiss goodbye to hooking it up to your home LAN.

Graham