RE: Palm Remote-- need advice/help

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Palm Remote-- need advice/help
  • From: "Ian B" <Ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 08:48:54 +0100

Hi James

The four in one idea is good, anything to keep costs down in the early
stages. As for the design - check out the software you plan to use carefully
as a lot of PCB places won't take the format you can output. Gerber is the
industry standard but PCBpool for example will take Proteus files as well as
many others.

It is quite a steep learning curve with a PCB package but worth the effort
when the results come back and work.

I use the software from www.labcenter.co.uk and they do shareware packages
which will do what you want. If you went this route I could sanity check
your results for you and produce Gerber files if necessary. Just a thought.

I know this seems like a simple design but I, as a complete novice found
that there is no such thing. Check out my site www.mollyology.com for some
of the circuits I have built. There is also a how to that shows the process
to get from design to finished PCB in the DIY environment.

Have fun

Ian

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor