RE: Palm Remote-- need advice/help

Thanks Ian, (sorry but I have another question)

The board is fairly simple: 1 chip, a power regulator, a few capacitors,
a header for a siteplayer module, a cat 5 filter and a 9pin serial
connector. No surface mount and not many traces.  I have found someone
who is 'keen' enough to try to do the design,  as I didn't look forward
to it at all! The board is basically the right hand bit from this:
http://stage.itp.nyu.edu/~tigoe/pcomp/siteplayer/siteplayer-customboards.shtml

I've discovered pcbpro.com who if I wait 4 weeks can do 20 for
$12(each). But they will also do a board 4 times larger for only $15.
So I was thinking of copy/pasting the design x4 and cutting the boards
up when I get them.

Do you think this 4 in 1 idea is a good one?  I guess the home cut edge
won't be as nice as their one but does it really matter or is there some
flaw with the idea that I havn't thought of. I do have access to a good
quality band saw which I have successfully used on other boards.

If this works then $4 a board is great,  I just hope there is a nice
demand for them. :-)

James

For those interested in the project, I have added a new screen to use
Palm remote as great alarm clock with really big numbers with 4 buttons
underneath , all controlled from the PC.
Prototype has been running for a week now, no crashes and fingers
crossed perfect reliability. Now I need to add the xAP interface and
make a website.

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 19:25, Ian B wrote:
> If he is doing the design and everything as well then it is very good value.
> Even for someone like myself a small board will take an hour to produce at
> best and more at worst. The design takes a lot longer so you don't really
> give enough info to give a valid opinion.
>
> Ian

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor