Re: low energy bulbs and x-10

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: low energy bulbs and x-10
  • From: Stephen <yahoo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 17:50:13 +0100

On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:44:45 +0100, you wrote:

>Welcome to the group Steven,
>
>For fluorescents you can use an appliance module of some description (there
>are various models).
>
>Places to buy are:
>
>Lets Automate www.letsautomate.com
>Laser Business systems www.laser.com

Thanks everyone for your fast replies and warm welcome.

Do maplin still sell x-10 bits and bobs? I thought they did, but
couldn't find anything on their web site?

I did see some Marmitek appliances, actually in a B&Q superstore. Are
Marmitek a good make?

I was most interested in using the bayonet appliances, so that I could
control the bulbs in my existing fittings. I looked at those sites you
recommended, but they said that the bayonet appliances were for
incandescent bulbs only. Why is this, the bayonet appliance only has
an on/off function, there is no dimming? I didn't really want to use
appliance modules and table lamps! Is there no other way around this?
All the lights in my house are the low energy light bulbs.

Perhaps it is no great loss. The bayonet fittings don't have the dials
so that you can set individual appliance and house codes, so perhaps
they would be a pain to use. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor