Re: DVD changers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DVD changers
  • From: "marcus_warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 20:18:00 -0000

Phil is correct :)
NTSC 4.48 is also known as PAL 60 and is how we are able to
playback NTSC tapes on our PAL VCR's... BUT only for playback
you cannot record it. I think Brazil uses this as its official
Tv standard ?

A transcoder simply converts 3.58 into 4.48 and the cost about
=A350 (50 Uk pounds) .. or sometimes you can pick them up on
eBay for around =A330.

try http:\\www.keene.co.uk

Marcus

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phillip Harris" <phil@a...> wrote:
> NTSC4.48 is known as PAL60 - it is *NOT* a proper or approved
variant on
> NTSC - the carriers for the colour portion of the signal are the
same as
> PAL but the frame rate is US standard (60Hz). NTSC3.58 has the
colour
> information at the US standard which non-NTSC capable TVs just
cannot
> see - hence black and white images result.

> Phil

RGB
> (i.e.
> neither PAL or NTSC) and so the colour is fine. You could use a
> transcoder
> to convert the colour signal to NTSC 4.48 so that PAL TV's can see it
> (i.e. NTSC 4.48) which is exactly what "NTSC Playback on PAL TV) =
VCR's
> do,
> alternatively replace the TV with one that can see a true NTSC
signal.

> Marcus Warrington
> marcusw@m... MIS Computer Services (UK)
>

> http://www.automatedhome.co= .uk