Re: Micro ITX

--- In ukha_d@y..., Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@s...> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 8:24 pm, you wrote:
> > I'm also considering going to Linux for various reasons including
not
> > having to get multiple MS licences in order to be above board. I
need
> > to have a look at Misterhouse some time. I've got the X10 PC kit
> > play with. Can it talk to Comfort?
>
> I assume it will as you can get a Serial module for Comfort.
>
> I Asked a while ago on the MrHouse list for any users of
MrHouse/Comfort to
> contact then I could write a short article for Automatedhome.co.uk,
> unfortunatly I got no response other than Bruce Winter thanking me
for
> promoting MrHouse :-)

I have a homeseer plug-in for comfort which supports remote
connectivity through Linux (ie. you can plug the comfort serial port
into a linux box, and it will talk to homeseer running elsewhere on
your network). Once my comfort comes back from the menders I will
modify this code to support xAP. When Stuart has finished the
corresponding xAP connector for Mr House, the pieces of the jigsaw
will all slot together nicely, and Comfort will talk to Mr House &
vice versa.

Patrick

> All this means that unlike some of the US alarm panels, MrHouse
will talk to
> Comfort, but it requires some work.
>
> Now if someone wants to donate me a comfort panel for my
house ... :-)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor