RE: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when open)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when open)
  • From: "White, Peter" <peter.white@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 13:34:28 +0100

Tom

I've got 2 of the motorlifts (2 x Henderson metal single canopy doors), and=
they've worked fine now for nearly 3 years.  The only criticism I've g= ot is
that the external keypad is not very well water-proofed, so every couple of=
years it tends to fail, but it is on an exposed wall.  Not a problem t= hough,
as good ol' Screwfix will always replace it as they offer a 5yr warranty.
I can take some piccies and email them over if it helps when you come to fi= t
them.

The first one you fit will take about 4 hours to do (there are lots of
bits), but the second one is a whole lot easier.  I found the brackets= that
come with the unit that hold it on the ceiling to be a bit flimsy, so if yo= u
do order from Screwfix, don't forget to order a couple of restraint straps<= BR> (item# D11985, pg 32) as it makes the whole thing a lot more stable.

Pete