Roomba BB - Do you want one?

All,

I'm still waiting for the US suppliers to finalise some details, but a back
of fag packet calculation, taking into account shipping, VAT, Excise and
local courier costs brings the units in at about ?200 delivered to you.
Please read the text below, and if interested follow the instructions at the
end of the mail..

Due to a dock strike in the US at the moment, there is a significant order
backlog (SharperImage have over 1250 on backlog), so as soon as I have a
firm price I'd like to move ahead ASAP, in order to hopefully get delivery
by mid-November. iRobot themselves are not willing to deal with us, so it's
down to SharperImage and Hammacher.

Some things to be considered:

1. iRobot have said that the warranty is only valid in the States, running
on 110v. i.e. unless the unit is DOA, we're unlikely to have much comeback
in terms of repairs/replacements.  I am trying to get the supplier to work
something out for us though - one of them offers a lifetime warranty on all
goods purchased from them, but normally only for the US.
2. The charger is 110v only.  therefore I'd suggest we'd want to source a
local supplier for a 240v equivalent.  It needs to be 24v 400ma output,
centre positive.  I've not been able to get details on the size of the plug,
so I guess one of those with interchangeable plugs would be ideal.  I'd
appreciate any help on locating such a charger if any of you know any good
sources...

So, at this point I need to know if you want one.  To register an interest
(that does not commit you to buy), please reply to this email
(peter.white@xxxxxxx), delete all this stuff, and just let me know how
many units you'd be looking to buy - there's a template at the bottom of
this mail.  Please do not change the subject heading as that's how I'll be
filtering the requests.  I also need to know if you'll need any extras, such
as spare batts, a rapid charger or virtual wall.  For those that missed the

The manufacturers site:
http://www.roombavac.com/

You can read independent reviews of it here:
http://www.epinions.com/Roomba_Intelligent_Sweeper_Vac_Vacuum_Cleaners/displ
ay_~reviews

The most detailed of which is here:
http://www.epinions.com/content_78309199492

Watch a movie of it here (fast connection):
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/video/mediaIR105.jhtml

Regards

Pete

-------------------------------
Dear Pete

I really really really want a Roomba cleaner.  I understand this email does
not commit me to purchase anything at this point, but when the purchase does
go ahead, payment will be required in advance.  All costs below are
approximate.

QUANTITY:

Cleaner (GBP200):
Additional Batts (GBP65):
Virtual walls (GBP28):
Rapid charger (GBP65):
Location (if not in UK):
Would you be willing to pay a bit more for a guarantee? (Y/N):

--------------------------------

This electronic transmission is considered PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL
information and is
intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient(s), please note that any
dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Anyone who receives this communication in error should notify the sender
immediately by telephone at
+44 (0)1753 778888 and should destroy and delete the message  immediately.
http://www.banctec.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor