Re: Projector & Screen Recommendations

> I also would point out that CRT is not the cheap option as well as
> limiting in terms of data and gaming, ie, forget it on CRT the danger = of
> screen burn is far too great!

As a CRT and Dreamcast owner I can say I've never had any burnin problems.<= BR>
> CRT is better quality but just how much better these days is open for<= BR> > debate,

While in Amsterdam last week I toured the Heineken Brewery.  They must= have
about 50 Sony LCD projectors there.  Some of the pictures were awful.&= nbsp; The
"chicken-wire" effect was very noticeable.

> once you take into account the rest of the problems associated
> with CRT, for me at least, it was a no-brainer!

For me CRT was a no brainer, when you take into consideration I could fit i= t
properly and it doesn't have the quality problems or noise/heat/bulb life o= f
LCD (ducks).

> Agreed, entry level CRT starts at about =A33-3.5K from memory! A *LOT*=
> more expensive than the LCD route unless you intend going for an
> upmarket LCD projector.

True.

> That's the another big reason to go for LCD as well as the ease with > which it can be installed, CRT is not an easy thing to install and set=
> up correctly as I'm sure Phil can tell you!

True.  But it's worth it :P

M.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""