RE: Projector & Screen Recommendations

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Projector & Screen Recommendations
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:49:49 +0100

> While I agree CRT is probably higher quality than LCD, I wouldn't rule=
out
> LCD/DLP until you have seen them. Certainly the Sony units get
excellent
> reviews and for a low cost option the recent Panasonic LCD with 16:9 panel
> come in around =A31200, Kenneth Watt has one of these LCD projectors.<= BR>
Yup and it's very nice indeed.

I also would point out that CRT is not the cheap option as well as
limiting in terms of data and gaming, ie, forget it on CRT the danger of screen burn is far too great!

CRT is better quality but just how much better these days is open for
debate, once you take into account the rest of the problems associated
with CRT, for me at least, it was a no-brainer!

> I have a Toshiba MT1 LCD projector in my setup, along with an Owl 6 x<= BR> 4
> Electric screen, Im VERY happy with it.

I had the Tosh before the Panasonic and it's very nice too, Tony Butler
is now the proud owner of that one.

> For your budget of =A32000 you should be able to get a brand new LCD > projector
> and electric screen quite easy. If you goto CRT you will HAVE to go 2nd
> hand
> for it.

Agreed, entry level CRT starts at about =A33-3.5K from memory! A *LOT*
more expensive than the LCD route unless you intend going for an
upmarket LCD projector.

> Also bear in mind the difference in size for a CRT, you WILL have to think
> seriously about the ceiling mounting, as weight is a big
consideration,
> and
> you WILL notice it in a room as they are quite big. LCD's have an
> advantage
> here in that they are very small, in fact in my room, people generally=
> don't
> notice anything until the Pronto macro drops the screen and turns on the
> projector.

That's the another big reason to go for LCD as well as the ease with
which it can be installed, CRT is not an easy thing to install and set
up correctly as I'm sure Phil can tell you!

HTH

K.

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""