RE: Re: I was petrol bombed last night ... security ques tions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: I was petrol bombed last night ... security ques tions
  • From: "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 12:41:00 +0100

Hi, I have been looking at these on the web and yesterday I rang them to as= k a few questions, they did not seem that helpful which was a shame if I am= going to spend that amount with them.

One question I had was does this card interfere with Terminal Services in a= ny way, they said "it should not" well that is what ATI said abou= t their AIW cards till I forked out =A3250 on one to find TS does not work = with the ATI program! which is why I am now looking to change my whole syst= em....

As I understand these cards, they use BNC connectors, are these the same BN= C connectors that the old network system used to use? if so I assume you ca= n use CT100 or Ethernet cable?

What I was going to do was cut these connectors off and connect RJ45's to t= he cables but I am now thinking of hard wiring the cameras straight to N0. = as most of my cameras will be permanently situated anyway.

Have you tried any of the 307 cameras on Henry's?

Thanks,

B.