Re: OT - New member rejected

Frank Mc Alinden wrote:
> Hi Graham
>                 Excuse my ignorance but what is a spammer ????

Based on what the spamfiler I use has trapped,

Someone that emails with the promises to

1. Add inches
2. Lose pounds
3. Feel Younger
4. "Meet" young woman just asking for "it"
5. Uses a non-english character set, probarbly doing 1-4
6. Offer to consolidate all my debts - offer only valid in the US however
7. FREE prize- just give them my address and $20 to ship it - only to
the US again
8. Meet singles in my area.. wow. thats what bars are for..

What people do is join groups, then flood the hell out of them with
spams. Each view is accounted by the hits to there image server, so they
get loads of valid email addresses targeted quite easily and quickly.
That is why you generally want to check who you allow to post to the list.

People also can use it to suck valid addresses from emails, since you
post to the list.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor