Tablet PC news...

Hi chaps,

I spent the day at Microsoft Campus in Reading today at various briefings
etc...

One of the things I saw (and played with), was one of the new "Tablet
PC's"
running Windows XP tablet edition...

One piece of bad news for anyone thinking of/intending to use one of these
for HA is...

Active Digitiser...

this means that the touch interface absolutely does NOT work (at all) with
finger, it MUST use the supplied pen, which contains the hardware for the
touch tablet to detect.. (and weirdly, it detects it up to about 10mm away
>from

This feature is, I'm told, NOT a hardware vendor's choice, but is part of
the Microsoft "Tablet PC" standard, and is therefore a
requirement for the
Tablet PC logo programme, and a precondition for running Windows XP tablet
edition...

bummer huh!

Paul G.

Oh, and the worldwide launch is on November 7th if anyone still wants
one...