Re: usb digital i/o card

Stuart,

>From the FTDI webpage (USB Interface manuf)

" The Gigatechnology USB I/O 24 combines the superior processing power
of the Scenix SX48 MPU together with the full speed USB data transfer
capability of the FT8U245 USB FIFO. Three 8-bit general purpose IO ports
are provided on the module which can be used in a variety of ways.
Gigatechnology will be providing firmware for the SX48 which allows the
IO ports to be accessed by a straightforward protocol via our VCP or
D2XX drivers. The SX48 can be reprogrammed via the standard 4 pin SX-Key
pin header provided on the board."

Linux drivers can be found for the FT8U245 here

http://ftdi-usb-sio.sourceforge.net

Also, it is possible to re-program the SX48

Stuart

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor