Re: OnDigital Boxes - £49.99+VAT in Makro again

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: OnDigital Boxes - £49.99+VAT in Makro again
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:04:47 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@k...> wrote:
> I am living in West London in a block of flats, and I can't put
external
> aerial. Does anyone know if I'll be able to receive anything
without aerial,
> or with internal one only?

I've been in a very similar position, also in W9, and I had no luck.
In my case I couldn't even get a decent TV picture on an ordinary TV
with an indoor aerial, and you need a pretty much perfect picture to
receive digital TV ok IME.
When I moved, although the picture was fine on ordinary TV's, it
wasn't good enough to get the majority of channels on the set-top
box. Replacing the old aerial with a high gain aerial did the trick -
since then its been fine.
ITV digital used to state in their literature that setup boxes
wouldn't work on communal aerials. I don't understand on what
technical basis they make this statement, but I guess it must
have /some/ foundation.
So: I don't think you stand any chance with an indoor aerial, and,
based on the sensitivity of the roof top aerial, I'd wager a communal
aerial will be hit & miss.

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor