Re: SC2700 Home automation/security system

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: SC2700 Home automation/security system
  • From: "andy" <mr_a_peach@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:43:53 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Phillip Harris" <phil@a...> wrote:

> > The communication between sensors and base unit do not appear
> > to be coded in anyway. I would have thought that should your
> > neighbours also invest in any X10 devices you could be in for
> > an interesting time !!  Also a would be burglar probably
> > wouldn't have to much trouble in blocking these signals.
>
> The communication between the sensors and the base station is not
> housecode - unitcode ... I am told that each sensor has a unique ID
so
> as to ensure that there is no false triggering.
>
> Phil

I have had a SC2700 system for about 6 months, It does work well both
to dial into and activate modules either appliance or lamp or dialing
out to alert you of an alarm instance.
I have had only a couple of false alarm instances but in general the
sensors available are pretty good.
The lifestyle function works great
I hope this helps........