Extending wireless range

I have a wap11 to serve the parts of the house that I cannot get cat5 to -
and signal strength just about reaches the corners of the house.

But I also want to give internet access to a pc in a house approx 200m away.
Have line of sight & tried repositioning wap11 & also wap11 hack
(http://www.wi2600.org/mediawhore/nf0/wireless/docs/802.11/WAP11/fun_with_th
e_wap11.txt ) to improve range (hopefully without frying brains!)  but
signal not quite good enough at the other house.

Still a novice in this but from what I've read I can see 2 options:

1. Stick a yagi in place of one of my wap11 aerials (but will this degrade
the signal in my house as only 1 aerial feeding the house?). or

2. connect an aerial to the orinoco usb client (have seen a guide somewhere
on how to do this), that is attached to the other pc (a multitainer).

Can anyone give me any clues before I start spending money?

Thanks

John Nye