RE: LD11 and sensor switch

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: LD11 and sensor switch
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 16:51:44 -0000

Thanks Martin from replying.
To be honest I don't know exactly what kind of protection that socket has, I
think that it's like shaver point.
But usually those sockets have something written on them like "for shaver
only". This one is normal socket with switch on it. I tore it appart and
there's no transformer or any electronic in it.
When I plugged hair dryer in that socket it didn't work properly, was very
weak, so I concluded that current supplied through that socket was limited.
I don't beleive that voltage is lower, but can check.
I suppose that some kind of electronic is somewhere up the chain, but I need
to find where and remove it.
This buzzing is quite loud and it stops only when I turn the lamp off.
This multi-way sensor switch seems to be working O.K., although it's not
mounted yet. When everything is in place, I plan to take a couple of shots
and write a review.

Cheers,
Nik