LD11 and sensor switch

  • To: "Home automation \(E-mail\)" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: LD11 and sensor switch
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 12:20:54 -0000

I installed LD11 and multiway sensor switch (www.sensor.co.uk) in the
bathroom. Just connected it yesterday and I found that there is some buzzing
sound coming out of it. I can't determine is it coming from switch
controller or LD11. Is that normal? Buzzing is quite loud.
I must add that I didn't have a suitable source for power, so my elecrician
suggested me to take a power from nearby socket on the wall, which I did.
However, that socket, atlhough is normal socket, has a limited current
supply (it's in a bathroom). I hoped that transformer or some kind of
limiter is in the box behind the socket, so I'll take "unlimited" power, but
it was not, so I'm powering my lights, sensor switch and LD11 with limited
current. Electrician told me that it should be O.K., but I'm not sure that
he knows what he's talking. He newer saw LD11 or sensor switch before.
Can someone shed a bit of light on this issue.
Can the fact that current is limited (my asumption) cause that buzzing
sound?
The lights are 5x40W incandencent (from IKEA).

Thanks,
Nik