RE: Recommendations for Plasma TV...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Recommendations for Plasma TV...
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 01:04:15 -0000

The best price was from Ivojo (=A33500 free ship) but I eventually bought f= rom
Crampton and Moore (TV) Ltd. [sales@xxxxxxx] in Sheffield fo= r
same price but I collected, delivery would have been a little more. They ar= e
only a small dealer but Panasonic UK authorised & they also do a lot of=
internet sales (eBay).

I wanted to buy from Ivojo as they are good technically but a husband &= wife
company I am told, however they failed to get back to me on two occasions and had no stock for 3 weeks estimated. I was sort of happy without support=
but I wanted someone with an address and a shop front so I could feel a
little more comfortable. C&M had stock of a silver unit when no-one els= e had
& it is local to me. I get quite impatient when I want something so dro= ve
down and brought it home - it fitted vertically in my car  - they have= no
real comparison facilities just one 37" plasma on the wall, not worth = a
visit except to collect.

    I would strongly recommend RGB drive to the plasma or fa= iling that at
least S-Video - composite is very poor in comparison. Some S-Video to RGB converters provide separate H & V synch (or synch on green) which gets<= BR> around losing an input.

    I think Keith can do RGB KAT5 units to special order .
    Kevin