RE: tivo q's

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: tivo q's
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 13:04:41 -0000

    You can only use it for a limited period of time as a manual recorder -
it is longer than the grace period though - in fact I think it is until the
last program data expires - Tivo typically downloads about 14 days in
advance so you get two weeks of manual use after the last download, then it
'boat anchors'. Some people have reported that manual recordings already set
up continue to work but that new ones can't be created. I think this is
mainly users who started from a 1.5x software base though. All new units
come with 2.5x

    Lots of stuff like this on UKHA_Tivo...    ;)

    Kevin