RE: DECT Phone with Headset WAS Re: DECT phones and 802.11b (Wireless Networks)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: DECT Phone with Headset WAS Re: DECT phones and 802.11b (Wireless Networks)
  • From: "Bricknell, Tony" <tony.bricknell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:06:10 +0100

I use a Samsung SP-R6150 with three additional handsets (of the same
family).  The base station is an answerphone (also accessed via any of the
handsets) and a speakerphone.  Handsets each come with hands-free
earpiece/mic.  Only downside is you can't transfer name/number book between
handsets.

Had absolutely no problems with it over the (two/three) years I've had it.
Much better than the Philips Onis that it replaced (which used to key-bounce
the "Pick up call" button thereby cutting off the calling party.  It came to
a shattered end when, after cutting off  a calling party once too often, I
threw it across the room with the sole intention of breaking it :o] Man, did
I feel good...

Nearly time to go back to my padded cell.....