Re: DECT phones and 802.11b (Wireless Networks)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: DECT phones and 802.11b (Wireless Networks)
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 12:10:42 +0000

No problems here Jason.

I have a Linksys WAP11 courtesy of Dr. John, and a BT Diverse 3000 setup
with about 4 handsets around the house. I have a wireless Fuji tablet in
the
kitchen right next to a DECT handset - the driver shows 4 (out of 5) yellow
bars for signal strength - the AP is upstairs in the study, and through
several solid brick walls, so I do tend to get a fair drop-off in signal as
I get further away from it, but there's currently no point *inside* the
house where I lose a WiFi signal completely...

Paul G.

>From: "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [ukha_d] DECT phones and 802.11b (Wireless Networks)
>Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:04:01 -0000
>
>Quick question for anyone with a DECT phone system and a wireless
>network.
>
>Any problems between with the two systems in the same vicinity? Please
>detail model of phone as well, just to help..
>
>Our old phones batteries are dying, and we are building a large
>extension, so a phone change is sellable to the SWMBO at the moment
>along with extra handsets (4 in total), but we all know that we have to
>be careful with these things.
>
>If I screw up the phone upgrade, the second Tivo and lighting I'm after
>will be done for, or rather delayed for a while.
>
>TIA
>
>Jason

Get faster connections -- switch to MSN Internet Access!