RE: Re: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when o pen)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when o pen)
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:47:15 -0000

Hi Clive,

I fitted one of these to my Seip opener. It's pretty good and has worked
well since installation (4-5 months ago). Quite expensive for what it is
(several bits of steel and a spring) but does give extra protection at
the sides of the door. However, it's only as strong as the side latches
(rivets/screws).

I had to drill an extra hole on the existing opener arm to fit it
(although they say it will fit all door openers - not true!).
Installation was fairly easy (apart from drilling the hole - 4 drill
bits later...) although I did have to get a new set of side latches and
fixings as I seem to have lost the old ones (I know they will turn up
eventually!).

If someone is determined to get through the door, they will (you can
still lever the bottom corner of a metal door out with a crow bar and
exert enough pressure to break the latches and screws etc). I guess it
just makes it a little more secure.

If you want any more detail or pics - let me now.

Paul.