Re: ShowShifter vs. TiVo

I power-cycle my Sky digibox every morning at 05:30 - this time has never
been a problem!

Like you say though, the fact that it comes back on in standby is a PITA, -
means an extra button press in the morning when I want to watch breakfast
news in bed...

I plan to sort it out shortly by having Homeseer send an IR command to the
Sky box (via an Ocelot & SECU16-IR, and Xantech mini-emitter) just
after the
power-cycle to wake it up again...

Paul G.

> > I used to suffer form this same problem, it got to the stage
where the
> > sky box was locking up almost daily. Unfortunately just resetting
the
> > box doesn't work as it comes back on on standby.  The solution to
this
> > is a neat product called DigiMemo which when sky box loses power,
after
> > power up it will turn the unit on and change to a channel of your
> > choice. So no I just have homeseer reboot my sky box each night.
There