RE: ReplayTV - European Launch plan...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ReplayTV - European Launch plan...
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kennwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:33:30 +0100

Granted Replay TV does, on the face of it, looks to be better than TiVo
in a few areas with one major drawback...I can't get one! ;-)

I also see that there is a advert skip feature and that was discussed by
Sky (primarily in the EU) but other broadcasters as well as PVR
technology gets better and AFAIK there are plans to charge extra on the
subscription to enable this feature. It can't be done right now, but it
is coming as there was a huge debate about this in the US due to Replay
TV.

K.

PVR
> comes from a decent EPG...."
>

> He replied:
>
> "We are currently discussing the EU plan for Replay - it is unlikely
that
> it will be here before the end of the year - and yes, functionally it
does
> beat TiVo hands down. We have access to EPGs so we're not too
concerned.
> The Replay discussions are happening in real time so I'll let you know
as
> and when things develop..
>
> All the best
>
> Nick"
>

> So, goodish news - but another 8+ months :-(
>
> I also get the impression he'll consider another UKHA bulk buy...

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor