-----Original Message-----
From: Amar Nagi [mailto:amar@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 24 May 2002 13:47
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] ShowShifter vs. TiVo

i have no problem with the pic quality. you options

of compression rates.

it suits me fine as it all fits well into my automation setup.

I am trying to centralise as much as possible.

and i just don't want another gadget when my pc can take

of the task without upseting performance. When i was recording a programme

last night, homeseer and outlook and winfax pro was running on the same machine

and i had no problems, crashes or dropped frames.

Showshifter with did guide does all that i want and fits my requirements of recording programs

that  i want to watch when i am out or busy

It has not crashed on me once, and i have not had to reboot.

So that is good enough for me.